As part of the CDC-funded REACH project, Palladium seeks to recruit a well-qualified Strategic Information Specialist Consultant with experience in HIV clinical settings and strategic information. This project is focusing on improving reporting and data management at the Regional Health Management Team (RHMT) and Local Implementing Partner level for HIV service delivery, with the goal of improving data use in decision-making. By improving the quality and accessibility of data, the project is intended to improve the quality of health care in Tanzania and the information available for decision-making at the clinical and policy levels.
The SI Specialist Consultant will provide informatics and Data Use expertise for the health management information system components of the REACH project. She/he will report to the Strategic Information Advisor.
Qualified candidates will have expertise in two or more of the following areas:
* Conducting/managing capacity building needs assessments related to health information systems (HIS);
* Data manipulation for decision making;
* Training for data use;
* Data Quality Assurance /Quality Improvement;
* Electronic medical records;
* HIV clinical service delivery.
* Support all strategic information, monitoring and evaluation activities
* Ensure all collected project data are complete, clean and valid
* Source data from DHIS2, CTC2, CTC3 Macro, and other databases
* Conduct routine data quality assessments and provide reports on the assessment and findings
* Create compelling data visualizations, including graphs and maps, to communicate a data story for RHMTs, IPs, and CDC
* Provide support to all RHMT-level activities on the project
* Assist and/or lead in M&E capacity building and training at RHMTs & IPs as directed by the SI Advisor
* Provide mentorship to RHMTs and IPs on data demand and use principles
* Provide inputs and technical support for the design and deployment of HMIS and M&E tools
* Any other duty as you may be assigned by the team lead or project director.
* Must be available to work in Dar es Salaam. No relocation assistance will be provided.
* 6+ years of applicable work experience with health management information systems.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or Health Informatics (Advanced Degree preferred; relevant experience may be substituted).
* Ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audiences
* Expertise in at least two of the following areas:o Conducting/managing capacity building needs assessments related to health information systems (HIS);
- Data manipulation for decision making;
- Training for data use;
- Data Quality Assurance /Quality Improvement;
- Electronic medical records;
- HIV clinical service delivery.
* Familiar with data import / export to / from various formats including national DHIS2, CTC2, and CTC3 Macro.
* Knowledge and experience of data informed decision making and advocacy.
* Excellent time management, coordination, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Must be available for domestic travel.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.