Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Creates scientific and technical material in area of expertise. Assists and gives guidance with development of proposals. Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
- Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of SI guidelines, tools, SoPs, materials, reports, papers, and intervention.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure SI activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Support capacity building and/or technical assistance in SI for local partners, including ministries of health, sub-grantees, and implementing partners to design and implement robust SI systems.
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents on global and country-specific performance.
- Assists with developing publications, web pages, and presentations.’
- Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from home office and field staff.
- Conducts analysis and visualization of data from routine systems and special studies to identify areas for improvement and target technical interventions.
- Support the development of dashboards to reflect country-specific and global performance
- Prepares reports, papers, and other graphics summarizing project results.
- Delivers presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Manages the global project database ensuring that data are entered, analyzed and disseminated in a timely manner
- Support the development of systems for managing and analyzing routinely collected and survey data
- Creates and maintains files and archives containing all SI related documentation including protocols, data sets, manuals, training materials, data management tools, and reports for LINKAGES/EpiC
- Performs other duties as assigned
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for strategic information (SI).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Demonstrated proficiency using any of the following software such as SPSS, SAS, EpiInfo etc for data management
- Previous experience working with DHIS 2 software will be an asset.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of diverse scope that require analysis or interpretation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within selecting methods and techniques to support data management and use.
- Builds productive working relationships with internal and external staff.
- Ability to work closely with staff from HQ and country office.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives methods and procedures on new projects and assignments.
- May provide guidance to other lower level personnel.
- Reports to an Associate Director or Director
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent • Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- 2-5 years of managing data collection and supporting data management.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
About FHI 360: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Officer