World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Strategic Learning Lead, Malawi, you will work closely with the Technical Coordinator and Monitoring and Evaluation lead to ensure collaboration and learning across all activities in selected implementation area, to include active, intentional, and adaptive learning exercises within and across its multi-sectoral activities. Additionally, you will improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, evidence and data utilization, and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA). You will also provide technical guidance of sub-grantees and/or sub-contractors on implementing the learning agenda.
- An advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) plus a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in food security, nutrition, and livelihoods sectors.
- Knowledge management, organizational learning, and capacity strengthening.
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative field research, and experience working closely with universities and/or other research institutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Office-based with mandatory and frequent travels to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 02 FEB 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.