The U.S. Agency for International Development’s Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning (USAID/PPL) intends on issuing a request for proposals for the Program Cycle Mechanism (PCM) in Fall 2019. The purpose of PCM will be to provide support for PPL and other offices within USAID and USAID missions overseas. The purpose of the contract will be to strengthen implementation of the Program Cycle, which is USAID’s operational model for planning, delivering, assessing, and adapting development programming.
**Please note: Only U.S. citizens are eligible for this position**
MSI is seeking experts with superior understanding of USAID processes and policies as they pertain to strategic planning. Candidates should have the ability to provide technical assistance in strategic planning to USAID Missions during the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development process. These experts may be called on to fill full-time, on-site positions or be deployed for short-term, targeted assistance to USAID offices and/or Missions overseas.
- Support USAID offices and/or missions to implement aspects of the Program Cycle through the development of resources to create, capture, organize, share, and apply knowledge.
- Assist in building USAID capacity for adaptive management, including developing tools, delivering training, and drafting USAID guidance.
- Provide direct technical assistance and support to USAID offices and/or missions for Program Cycle processes and functions.
- Assist PPL in articulating and implementing a change management strategy to institutionalize the Program Cycle throughout USAID.
- Support PPL and other offices and/or missions in monitoring, evaluation, and learning efforts.
- Mid-level professionals should have a between five (5) and ten (10) of experience. Senior-level professionals should have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience.
- All applicants must have a minimum of a master’s degree.
- Must have experience working (short-term or long-term) in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America countries. Experience working in non-permissive environments such as those where there is ongoing conflict is a plus.
- All applicants must have experience with USAID or on USAID projects in the past and familiarity with USAID’s program cycle. Former USAID and Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to travel, either for short-periods or willing to relocate for up to two years.
- Foreign language skills (French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic) are preferred, but not a requirement.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.