Prospera is seeking to engage an experienced Strategy Adviser to undertake a scoping study on establishing an Indonesian Consumer Welfare Alliance (ICWA) (working title). The adviser will provide recommendations and a strategy to guide the establishment and development of the ICWA. This role presents a unique and challenging opportunity to increase the role of consumers in the policy making process in Indonesia.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria:
About you (Selection Criteria)
Candidates will possess strong qualifications and experience in undertaking similar work. The candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Senior level academic qualifications in economics, business, law, public policy and/or a related area, with research and/or advocacy work focusing on consumer welfare and/or competition policy issues.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up or advising advocacy groups on consumer welfare issues in other countries or proven policy/advocacy work on consumer welfare and/or competition policy issues in Indonesia.
- Good understanding on how to conduct public campaigns using non-traditional methods
- Understanding of the role of the policy making process in Indonesia and familiarity with government decision-making mechanisms.
- Experience working with high level private and government officials and engaging with various stakeholders in developing, disseminating and communicating reform proposals and economic analysis.
About the program
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG).
The remuneration will be set according to Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 3. The remuneration level at which the Strategy Adviser – Consumer Welfare is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Apply by sending your resume and covering letter (which will include a response to the selection criteria (max 3 pages), with the reference number #052 Strategy Adviser – Consumer Welfare. Applications must be received by 5pm (Jakarta time) on Friday, 27 March 2020. Applications not containing a response to the selection criteria may not be considered.
About the Organization
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.