The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral institution with the mandate to foster sustainable economic growth in Asia by investing in infrastructure and other productive sectors and promote regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB’s Strategy, Policy and Budget Department (SPB) supports the Vice President for Policy and Strategy in ensuring operational compliance of the Bank’s investment operation. The successful candidate will support the SPB team in (1) screening, analyzing and managing AIIB’s investment program, (2) conducting relevant research and modeling work and (3) developing and maintaining relevant systems. The Strategy and Policy Analyst will also support the development and monitoring of AIIB’s strategic agenda.
- Support the development of AIIB’s strategic agenda (e.g., strategies, business plans), implementation approaches and results monitoring frameworks.
- Identify, monitor and analyze key trends and issues affecting infrastructure sectors and their potential implications on AIIB’s strategic agenda.
- Support AIIB’s screening process by analyzing and managing AIIB’s investment program and modeling work.
- Maintain AIIB’s investment program database.
- Support the delivery of management reports, documents and presentations for the Senior Management team.
- Support the development, upgrade and maintenance of the project/proposal management system and other systems.
- Support the identification and management of and collaboration with internal and external partners by planning/organizing conferences, seminars/meetings.
- Conduct any other tasks as requested.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience and demonstrated technical competence at an international financial institution, top-tier professional service firm or complex multinational company. Experience in infrastructure financing would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with the business of multilateral development banks would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and data organization/interpretation skills.
- Experience in planning, data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to develop big-picture perspectives while having attention to detail.
- Proficiency in R language/Python/Power BI, as well as Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. Expertise in Excel and Python would be a plus.
- Ability to understand business questions and provide answers with right data insights.
- Outstanding written and verbal English proficiency; written products must be print-ready.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in defining business requirements for IT system implementation would be an advantage.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude; proven ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; service oriented.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in statistics, data analytics/science, business management, economics, finance, development studies or equivalent from a reputable university.
- Ability to think independently while working under supervision.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit a piece of their own analytical work on a relevant topic of interest along with their applications.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 93 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.