Strategy and Research Specialist, Communications and Outreach Mechanism for USAID/Pakistan
MSI’s Communications and Outreach Mechanism project, based in Islamabad, Pakistan, will support the Mission in informing the Pakistani public about the benefits of United States Government (USG) civilian assistance programs. The project will inform target audiences through traditional and digital media, and engage individuals, communities and stakeholders through a series of exchanges.
The Strategy and Research Specialist will work in conjunction with our partners to strategically plan mass media and outreach campaigns. Using market research, the incumbent will study the marketplace and make recommendations for how to best reach target audiences.
S/he will be a part of MSI’s team of local and international communications specialists to implement develop communication and outreach strategies that raise awareness and understanding of USAID/Pakistan projects and more broadly aim to inspire positive attitudes toward U.S. civilian assistance programs. This is a five-year program with an anticipated start in early 2019.
The Strategy and Research Specialist will be responsible for the following activities:
- Oversee the procurement and implementation of periodic research to investigate media habits, trends and popular ways of communications among target audiences
- Analyze target audience insights and ensure that team has appropriate knowledge to inform the strategy and short-term campaigns;
- Advise the project team on the appropriate target audiences for at least five nationwide and three regional communications campaigns;
- Provide strategic direction to USAID/Pakistan and support team on overall strategy and implementation, particularly to respond to current events; and
- Craft plans with the creative team and develop guidelines to promote USAID’s work across various channels.
- A Master’s Degree in social science or a related field of study, including but not limited to research, evaluation, mass communications, or marketing
- At least 5 years of related experience, including public relations, Communications for Development or marketing product development experience
- Demonstrated experience strategically planning development communications strategies and participating in the development and production of culturally and politically sensitive mass media campaigns
- Demonstrated experience conducting research and data analysis
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel, are required.
- Knowledge of Stata/SPSS or a similar statistical software package is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and personal communication skills.
- Native-level English written and oral skills required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.