World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Strategy, Evidence & Learning Director, West Africa, you will provide strategic leadership and oversight of regional support to National Offices (NOs) with a primary focus on National Office (NO) strategy implementation in alignment with the WVI partnership strategy and the development of integrated programmes strategically aligned to improve child well-being. You will provide functional leadership to the Strategy Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, Sponsorship Advisor to deliver on their strategic objectives and game changers.
- A Master’s degree in management or a social science field required
- At least 10 years’ experience in relief and development work, out of which at least 5 years must be in a senior leadership position at national or regional level preferably in World Vision Western Africa or similar contexts.
- Very good experience in designing technical programmes such as child protection, food security, primary health care, micro enterprises development and disaster management.
- Very good experience in impact measurement and DME practices including LEAP 3.
- Very good experience in strategy development and strategy monitoring processes.
- Understanding of various Western Africa contexts through experience working in the region.
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field. Ability to travel up to 35% domestic and International.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 22 AUG 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.