Fintrac, a leading US-based agriculture-consulting firm with multi-year programs in Africa, Asia and Central America, is seeking a Structured Grain Trade Expert for an upcoming short-term assignment (30-45 days) in Ethiopia in September and October 2018 (dates TBD).
The primary responsibilities of the Structured Grain Trade Expert are to:
- Conduct literature review on international best practice for structured exchange-based domestic and cross-border trade in maize and chickpea, including operational/design considerations and enabling environment/trade policy considerations.
- Conduct structured interviews and focus groups with demand side stakeholders, supply side stakeholders, and policy makers to identify challenges and opportunities for maize and chickpea trade on the exchange.
- Interview key stakeholders to map grain trade flows, and identify bottlenecks, limitations, and unmet opportunities.
- Develop practical business model recommendations for improving maize and chickpea trade in Ethiopia.
The minimum qualifications for the Structured Grain Trade Expert are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business, Economics, or a related field required. (Master’s degree preferred.)
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant experience, preferably with direct experience in commercial grain trading.
- Experience working in the maize, and/or chickpea value chains with knowledge of the constraints and opportunities along these value chains in Ethiopia.
- Experience in providing strategic advice to agribusinesses and/or commodity exchanges.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communications.
- Ability to travel to remote locations.
- Experience working in Ethiopia a plus.
- English fluency required. Local language skills a plus.
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter by July 20, 2018. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Fintrac, a woman owned and US-based consulting company, develops agricultural solutions to end hunger and poverty. For 25 years, we have worked with local and global partners to increase production, improve postharvest handling, add value, and develop markets and competitive value chains for the world’s most vulnerable farmers and communities.
At Fintrac, our employees are our greatest asset. We are always looking for talented, innovative individuals to join our global team and help us achieve our mission of alleviating poverty through agriculture. We offer competitive pay, outstanding benefits, a great work environment, and professional growth opportunities.
Fintrac is an equal opportunity employer.