STTA, Senior Anticorruption Expert:
Policy Effectiveness Evaluation (Local),
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI), Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
The SACCI project seeks to develop a methodology for tracking and evaluating effectiveness of the State Program for Implementation of the National Anti-Corruption Strategy of Ukraine or similar policy documents. The methodology shall provide the user with the tools to measure outcomes and/or impact of the Strategy and Plan, and shall be based on good international practices (with a focus on European and Eurasian experience). SACCI is seeking a senior national expert to a) analyze international experience of assessing effectiveness of anti-corruption policies and b) develop a Ukraine-specific tool to help to evaluate effectiveness of domestic anti-corruption policy. The expected level of effort is not to exceed 35 days.
- Review of international practices in evaluating anti-corruption policy effectiveness (no fewer than 5 relevant sources / methodologies / reports) and recommendations for the Ukrainian context, taking into account lessons learned from evaluation of the effectiveness of the 2015-2017 State Program. Report with recommendations – between 10 and 15 pages.
- Based on the recommendations, develop a concept-paper for the methodology to evaluate the effectiveness of State Program for Implementation of the National Anti-Corruption Strategy of Ukraine, including proposed structure and elements of the methodology – up to 5 pages;
- Upon SACCI approval and results of stakeholder consultations (consultations to be organized by SACCI), develop the full text of the methodology.
- Specialist/Master’s degree or higher in Law, Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, or other relevant area.
- Over 10 years of experience in anti-corruption, government transparency and integrity, conflict of interest prevention or relevant field in the non-government (international) / government / business sectors.
- Experience working for or with international anticorruption organizations, such as OECD, GRECO, FATF, UNCAC, UNODC, or similar is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing national anticorruption policies, strategies or plans, legal and regulatory frameworks, policy guidance, manuals and other related materials (samples to be requested at interview stage).
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian required. English language knowledge is a strong asset.
- Prior experience with USAID or other international donor funded projects is preferred.
*Deadline for applying for this position – 18 June 2018, by 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when applying for this position.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.