Position: Subject Matter Advisor - Case Management System (CMS)
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Component Lead (CMS)
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for Subject Matter Advisor - Case Management System (CMS) position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) in Afghanistan.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations.
The primary goal is the development of the Case Management System, an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases in Afghanistan. The program is designed to bring transparency to the justice system in Afghanistan.
The CMS-Subject Matter Advisor (SMA) position is located in Kabul, Afghanistan. The position requires familiarity with the Afghan legal system or a similar case/country.
The CMS Subject Matter Advisor Lead shall:
- Provide oversight of the Section Lead (SL), Deputy Section Lead (DSL)
- Advise and assist justice institution stakeholders, including but not limited to the CMS Monitoring Board, Governance Board, Technical Committee and case management offices on the development of a caseflow management strategy, policies and procedures for the use of the current CMS and CMS 2.0 applications to support caseflow management
- Draft and edit CMS-related reports and deliverables, including project success stories
- Advise and assist counterparts in performing their functions related to the use of the CMS applications, including developing policies, plans and projects to successfully transition from CMS to CMS 2.0 and to transfer responsibility for the administration and maintenance of the CMS to the GIRoA
- Support the creation of role-based CMS training materials
- Support the implementation of CMS pilot programs
- Identify needs within the GIRoA’s justice institutions to successfully transition the CMS
- Work with counterparts to develop a revised CMS Transition Plan
- Liaise with other U.S. Government and GIRoA offices and coordinate activities to achieve established objectives
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, local government officials, police and prosecutors, members of the judiciary, international organizations and Afghan organizations involved in the justice sector, and customary and traditional law actors
- Rapidly respond to requests for information from INL/Kabul and INL/AP
- Supervise the CMS team in Kabul on planning, managing, coordinating and implementing the CMS Transition Plan within justice institutions in Kabul
- Attend CMS related meetings and other meetings as required
- Assist in ensuring the CMS project is running properly, and that CMS related milestones are achieved on time, within cost, and to expected quality
- Motivate CMS team members to encourage the GIRoA officials to utilize CMS reports
- Assist in identifying and screening short-term and long-term candidates for CMS
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in leadership and managerial roles, preferably with international development organizations, or in the justice sector/rule of law.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with the rule of law, criminal justice reform, court management, caseflow management, or justice related fields
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in international development. Experience in a conflict area preferred.
- The candidate shall demonstrate an understanding of formal justice systems, with a particular emphasis on the coordination and interaction between justice institutions in a development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required. Preference is given to candidates with a track record of performance in an information technology role and/or experience working with network and server management support; information software, hardware and upgrades; Juris Doctor (JD) or Master’s in law (LLM) degree not required, but preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to work effectively as a team player; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.