Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Subject Matter and Project Management Experts, Agricultural Extension Program, Nigeria
ACDI/VOCA is currently preparing for Feed the Future Agricultural Extension Services and Advisory Services funded by USAID in Nigeria. The anticipated project will accomplish sustainable delivery of extension services to smallholder farms which will result in increased sales of inputs and quality services across 7 states, Kebbi, Niger, Kaduna, Benue, Ebonyi, Cross-River, and Delta. The 5-year activity is envisioned to start in 2019.
For project positions and short-term consulting opportunities, ACDI/VOCA is promptly seeking experts with the experience in the following management and technical areas:
- Field crop value chain development (maize, rice, cowpeas, soybeans)
- Aquaculture value chain development
- Value chain financing, agricultural SME lending
- Youth agribusiness development, employability and vocational skills
- Gender-focused development
- Extension Services
- Financial Administration
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Grants and Subcontract management
- Communications and project reporting
- Agricultural applications of information and communication Technologies (ICT).
While each position will have its own operational and technical scope under the project, overall qualifications will meet the below:
- Degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, agronomy, business administration, economics, public policy, finance, law, international development, human resources or related field; Master’s degree or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- Substantial experience in related technical area, including in private sector
- Experience with USAID and/or any other international donor funded project preferred
- Proven ability to facilitate high-value partnerships with communities, private and public sector stakeholders
- Experience in Africa required, experience in Nigeria preferred
- Professional proficiency in English required
- Fluency in Hausa, Pidgin, Yoruba or one of the Cross-River languages highly desired
Nigeria nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please e-mail your resume to AgextensionExperts@acdivoca.org or apply directly online atwww.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, regardless of ethnicity are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 147 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.