Resonance is seeking a Migration Expert to provide technical leadership on the performance of the United Israel Appeal (UIA) in providing integration related services to program beneficiaries from 2016-2018. The Migration Expert will provide technical direction on a final performance evaluation of the Humanitarian Migrants to Israel (HMI) Program. The evaluation, lasting up to 6 months, will consist of: (1) a comprehensive desk review and analysis of best practices in local integration of migrants in Israel including an analysis of program documents and reporting and (2) a field-based evaluation of the HMI program in Israel, with an emphasis on assessing the effectiveness of efforts to prepare migrants for successful integration.
- Contribute significantly to comprehensive desk review regarding the integration of migrants in Israel, including analysis reporting from UIA and its partners conducted to date.
- Serve as a team member and technical advisor on a field-based evaluation to inform determining the extent to which UIA is successfully preparing participants for long-term integration, assess indicators used to measure the various aspects of local integration, and to make concrete recommendations for improving local integration going forward.
- Support and contribute to data analysis activities, compile recommendations from the desk review, and contribute key sections to the final report.
- As needed or requested, participate in debriefs to PRM, UIA and other stakeholders, upon completion of the final report.
- Experience in designing and implementing overseas evaluations and experience conducting evaluations in humanitarian settings.
- Significant experience with assisting vulnerable migrants and/or refugees.
- Experience with mixed methods design, using both qualitative and quantitative data to answer evaluation questions and produce findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Hebrew, Russian, or Amharic language abilities required
- Demonstrated understanding of the mandates/responsibilities of PRM and the UIA as well as relevant research and evaluation conducted by other stakeholders.
- Excellent management and communication skills, as well as experience supervising data collection and report writing.
- Demonstrated understanding regarding the collection and use of sensitive data in order to protect confidentiality and must possess skills in gender and cultural sensitivity.
- Eligibility to work in US
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Migration Expert, HMI” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.