Position: SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (SME)
Nationality: American National (AN)
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Program Implementer
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for Subject Matter Expert (SME) position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
Duties: The SME shall report to the Project Implementer (PI) for contractual matters and coordinate with the INL/AP Program Manager and CORs on subject matter issues. Specific duties include:
- Provide support to both the U.S. government (in Washington and in Kabul) as well as the Afghanistan-based JSSP team
- Provide support in the areas of project development, monitoring and evaluation, and production of Deliverables under this SOW
- Actively participate in recruitment and selection of JSSP personnel based on position description qualifications (or equivalent with the permission of the INL/AP and INL/K Program Managers) with significant input from the in-country JSSP management team
- Play a principal role in the substantive pre-deployment preparation of advisors, working together with INL, who shall oversee other pre-deployment training requirements and manage most administrative aspects of training
- Draft reports and research papers on current issues affecting JSSP and submit those to INL as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of ten years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience
- A minimum of seven years of international experience, including rule of law and/or development programs
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the formal Afghan Justice system, with a particular emphasis on the coordination and interaction of the Afghan justice ministries
- A juris doctor or Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Superior interpersonal skills
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.