Position: Subject Matter Expert (SME-Justice Sector Development)
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Arlington, VA
Required Clearance (to be obtained): Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Tetra Tech DPK (Tt DPK) seeks Subject Matter Expert (SME) back up candidates for the INL funded 5-year Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP). This position is based in Arlington, VA.
This program is designed to utilize international and Afghan advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice, Attorney General’s Office, Supreme Court, Ministry of Women’s Affairs, and other justice organizations through four main components: organizational capacity building, legislative reform, case management system, and gender mainstreaming and protection of vulnerable groups.
At least one Subject Matter Expert (SME) in D.C. to oversee the JSSP contract. The SME shall report to the Project Implementer (PI) for contractual matters and coordinate with the INL/AP Program Manager and CORs on subject matter issues. The SME shall provide support to both the USG (in Washington and in Kabul) as well as the Afghanistan-based JSSP team. The SME shall provide support in the areas of project development, monitoring and evaluation, and production of project Deliverables.
The SME shall actively participate in recruitment and selection of JSSP personnel based on position description qualifications (or equivalent with the permission of the INL/AP and INL/K Program Managers) with significant input from the in-country JSSP management team.
The SME shall play a principal role in the substantive pre-deployment preparation of advisors, working together with INL, who shall oversee other pre-deployment training requirements and manage most administrative aspects of training.
- A minimum of ten years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience.
- Good understanding of US Department of State INL operations, regulations, and procedures.
- A minimum of seven years of international experience, including rule of law and/or development programs.
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the formal Afghan Justice system, with a particular emphasis on the coordination and interaction of the Afghan justice ministries.
- A juris doctor or master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with U.S. DOS, INL, USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the position and project name in the subject line as soon as possible. No phone calls, please.
Tt DPK is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tt DPK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.