Resonance (formerly SSG Advisors) is seeking qualified technical experts for USAID’s anticipated Food Security Service Center (FSSC) Follow-on, focused on nutrition and agriculture.
FSSC is designed to help USAID’s Bureau of Food of Food Security support and implement Feed the Future strategies, programming, and initiatives through the deployment of short- to medium-term expertise in Washington, D.C. and Feed the Future countries, focused on improving food security, including agricultural development, gender integration, improved nutrition, and strengthened resilience. Services include on-demand technical and program support, project design, analytical services, capacity building, bridge programming, small scale pilots, and support in the integration of cross-cutting issues critical to the success of Feed the Future.
Consultants will provide technical expertise to the project team. Applicants with expertise in one or more of the following areas should apply:
- Food security
- Agricultural development
- Gender integration
- Improved nutrition
- Agriculture market systems
- Private sector development and agribusiness partnerships
- Business enabling environment for agriculture
- Agriculture marketing and commercialization
- Women, youth and marginalized group inclusion
- Financial inclusion, access to finance, and agribusiness investment
- Food storage, production and post-harvest handling and processing
- Food, animal, and plant safety standards
- Agriculture production practices
- Agricultural inputs services and seed systems
- Capacity building for agricultural SMEs and organizational development
- Agricultural extension services and BDS
- Vocational and technical training for agribusinesses
- Agriculture entrepreneurship
- Climate smart agriculture
- Aquaculture and animal production/livestock
- Irrigation and water management
- Agriculture policy and research
- Natural resource management and climate resilience
- Agriculture technology and ICT4Ag
- Women’s economic empowerment
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited university
- At least seven (7) years’ relevant professional experience
- Previous work experience on USAID programming preferred
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, brokering, and/or overseeing the development of public-private alliances and partnerships
- Demonstrated experience in agriculture and food systems in international development
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and proactively work to achieve consensus on policy, project, and administrative matters
- Native or bi-lingual proficiency in written and spoken English
- Eligibility to work in US
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should email their CV, saved as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’ (e.g., Smith_Jane.pdf), to email@example.com, and include “SME: Food Security, Agriculture, Nutrition” in the email subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance (formerly SSG Advisors) is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.