Tetra Tech seeks Subject Matter Experts in forensics, law enforcement, prosecution, logistics, and corrections for an anticipated worldwide IQC, to be based in Washington D.C.
- A university degree (bachelors or higher) in law enforcement related discipline is desirable, but a combination of documented law enforcement work experience and related education or specialized training can be substituted.
- Prior experience with U.S. DOJ, DOS, INL, USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of development languages, including French, Spanish or Arabic is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Significant experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Progressive law enforcement experience, preferably with a demonstrated background in training entry level law enforcement personnel at the local, state or federal level on various topics.
- Understanding of community policing, organized crime, criminal investigations, internal affairs, and field training programs.
- Experience as a training instructor or field training officer in a large police force preferred.
- Demonstrated progressive supervision, management and leadership experience in the delivery of civilian law enforcement services with familiarity in all aspects of police administration and operations preferred.
- Experience supporting logistics and procurement for US Government-funded programs.
- Experience as an officer in prison/correctional facility with demonstrated experience presenting, advising and training entry level correctional personnel at the federal, state, or local level on corrections topics through a certified correction’s academy and/or corrections program.
- Experience providing correctional guidance to line staff, with mid-management and or senior leadership in a prison, jail or major corrections program.
- The ability to manage prisoners in a correctional setting ensuring human rights practices are consistently upheld required.
- International correctional facilities experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively increasing forensic laboratory or crime scene experience. Lab-based work should be in an accredited laboratory.
- Experience should include conducting examinations on serious crimes, preparing reports and testifying as an expert witness.
- Experience teaching or providing training to, but not limited to, new analysts, investigators, university students, or other practicing forensic scientists.
- Experience as a first line supervisor of forensic examiners or as a technical leader preferred
- Experience conducting internal audits or servicing as an outside inspector of laboratories for accreditation purposes preferred
- Preferably has experience as a manager of multiple forensic sections or as a quality assurance manager for a laboratory (experience as a leader in technical field through participation in national scientific working groups or commissions can be substituted for managerial experience)
Please submit a resume to email@example.com referencing Subject Matter Expert + Worldwide IQC in the subject line no later than August 15, 2018. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.