Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Subject Matter Experts, Myanmar Agri-food Systems Activity
ACDI/VOCA is currently preparing for the Agri-food Systems Development Activity (AFD) in Myanmar funded by USAID. The anticipated project will facilitate transformation of agriculture and food systems through increasing the productivity, inclusiveness and completeness of key value chains. This 5-year activity is envisioned to start in 2019.
For long- and short-term technical roles, ACDI/VOCA is promptly seeking national experts with experience in the following technical areas:
- Agricultural market development
- Horticulture and tree crop production
- Post-Harvest Handling and Processing
- Agribusiness enterprise development
- Access to finance
- Value chain financing, agricultural SME lending
- Gender and Youth empowerment
- Community development and livelihoods
While each position will have its own technical scope under the project, overall qualifications will meet the below:
- Degree in business administration, economics, public policy, finance, law, international development, human resources or related field; Master’s degree or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- Substantial experience in related technical area, including in private sector
- Experience with USAID and/or any other international donor funded project preferred
- Proven ability to facilitate high-value partnerships with communities, private and public-sector stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines, excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Fluency in English and Burmese required, professional proficiency in any of the local ethnic languages highly desirable
Myanmar nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or e-mail your updated resume with the contact information directly to: MyanmarAFS@acdivoca.org
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 147 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.