Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Subject Matter Experts, Philippines Youth Activity
ACDI/VOCA is currently preparing for a Youth Activity in the Philippines funded by USAID. The envisioned activity will support the Government of the Philippines to improve basic education and life skills for vulnerable youth. The project will focus on engaging out-of-school youth (OSY) in workforce and community development activities, through provision of critical training and post-training support to OSYs such as civic engagement activities, entrepreneurship, and job placements. The illustrative activity outcomes may include: improved literacy, life and employability skills; strengthened local capacity to deliver education and trainings service delivery; and strengthened youth leadership and engagement.
For long and short-term roles, ACDI/VOCA is promptly seeking national experts with experience in the following management and technical areas:
- Workforce Development
- Vocational Training
- Youth Empowerment
- Capacity Building
- Entrepreneurship Support
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E); Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA)
- Outreach and Communications
- Finance and Administration
While each position will have its own operational and technical scope under the project, overall qualifications will meet the below:
- Degree in business administration, education, public policy, finance, law, workforce development, development studies, or related field; Master’s degree or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- Substantial experience in related technical area, including in private sector
- Experience with USAID and/or any other international donor funded project preferred
- Proven ability to facilitate high-value partnerships with communities, private and public-sector stakeholders
- Experience in the Philippines and/or Southeast Asia required
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 50 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of approximately $174 million.