Subject Matter Experts,
USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP), South Sudan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program office requires support to assist USAID/South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, and relay information about funded interventions. The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible and demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities.
MESP is seeking four (4) Subject Matter Experts in conflict, economic growth, governance, education, health, organizational development and/or other areas related to integrated efforts for resilience and recovery who will participate in research across numerous locations in South Sudan. The Subject Matter Experts will specifically carry regional assessments as part of integrated research teams to help a Partnership of UN Agencies, USAID/South Sudan, other Development Partners (DPs) and communities) design models for integrated service delivery through community-based mechanisms in several target locations across South Sudan.
The selection of final applicant(s) is subject to USAID approval and will be based in Juba, South Sudan. The level of effort varies from 20 to 55 days depending on the technical expertise.
- Help develop the research tool(s) that will be used to gather and analyze data for the Partnerships for Resilience and Recovery.
- Contribute to the development of a strategy for identifying respondents and other data sources and actually collecting the data.
- Contribute subject matter expertise in conflict, economic growth, governance, education, health, organizational development and/or other areas related to integrated efforts for resilience and recovery to the research team(s).
- Help to draft technical documents expressing the findings, conclusions and recommendations of the study.
- Present the findings, conclusions and recommendations from the studies to various audiences, including internally within MSI, to the USAID, to the United Nations and as feedback to the community themselves.
- Help to contribute from a subject matter standpoint ideas for strategic communications of findings, results and conclusions.
- Help to establish a learning platform consisting of questions and means for answering those questions through dialogue as a mechanism for engaging stakeholders’ and sharing lessons learned.
- Advanced degree in international development, quantitative research, statistics or other area clearly relevant to sector specific assessments.
- 5-7 years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation, and/or other forms of primary research with expertise in one of the subject matters: 1) Conflict, 2) DG, 3) Productive Sector Agriculture, 4) Basic Services Health/Education or 5) Strategy Development and Management, 6) knowledge management;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with donors, NGO partners, and/or international agencies.
- Demonstrated expertise in qualitative data collection, in-depth knowledge about qualitative sampling, and experience in using interviews, focus groups, and interactive tools to generate qualitative information and analysis.
- Excellent English writing and speaking as well as presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and ability to multitasks under tight time constraints/deadlines.
- Deep familiarity with South Sudan, and willingness to live and work in Juba and other locations in South Sudan.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.