Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis Consulting Group is planning to hire two (2) Summer Associates to gain insight and practical experience in international development consulting. The candidates will work closely with a project associate or a program manager in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) or Implementation and Management Solutions (IMS) divisions. The goal of the internship is to prepare the students for an entry-level position in a headquarters-based international development organization and to provide some insight regarding fieldwork management.
- Support proposal development efforts in the form of research of competitors, potential partners, and beneficiary countries
- Serve as a project backstop and field consultants abroad, reconcile travel documents, identify subject-matter experts, review reports, etc.
- Recruit project personnel, write scopes of work, and engage directly with consultants for current projects
- Junior or senior year status
- 2-3 references commenting on work style as detail-oriented and self-directed (letters of reference not required for submission of an application)
- Evidence of quantitative orientation (strong experience with Excel)
- Demonstrated logical thinking and writing style
- Demonstrated evidence of intellectual curiosity about or professional focus on international development
- Experience with self-directed, detail-oriented work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with others
Preferred Majors and Concentrations
- International Studies
- Political Science
- International Development Concentration
- Food, Agriculture, and Society Concentration
- Community and Global Health Concentration
- Human Rights Concentration
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) majors strongly preferred
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.