Requisition ID: req2386
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
ABOUT THE IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development and Women Protection and Empowerment programming in eight governorate. Education programing is scheduled to start in August 2018.
The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. The Country Office in Sana’a also doubles as a Field Office for Sana’a and Amanat Al Asama, In addition there are three subfield offices Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
Supply Chain Coordinator is a key position to the success and delivery of quality programs. IRC defines Supply Chain as those systems and support function ns necessary to implement programs effectively, inclusive of procurement, logistics, inventory management, property and asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management. The Supply Chain Coordinator is accountable for the design, planning, execution and monitoring of supply chain activities, delivery of an effective supply chain function within the Yemen program in compliance with IRC, donor regulations and in line with program objectives. He/she is also responsible for continuous improvement of performance quality throughout the SC team and ensuring stakeholders’ satisfaction by exercising service-oriented practices.
1. Supply Chain Planning
2. Procurement Management
3. Inventory Management
4. Assets Management5. Vehicles Management
6. Compliance and Ethics
7. Learning and Development
Supply Chain Coordinator Competencies matrix:
The Supply Chain Coordinator competency matrix is the main supportive document to this job description that details all required skills, tasks and the accountability levels. The Supply Chain Coordinator must ensure that all tasks are preformed to standards. The Supply Chain Coordinator is accountable for the competencies matrix implementation and accountable for its tasks and requirements.
Key Working Relationships:
* Position Reports to: Deputy Director for Operations -Yemen program and Regional Supply Chain Director
* Position directly supervises: procurement staff, warehouse staff, transport staff.
* Other Internal and/or external contacts:
* Internal: Regular relationships with HQ, regional and country Supply Chain staff at all levels, Deputy Director of Operations, Country Directors, and Interacts with IRC Program departments
* External: May Serve as IRC Supply Chain representative in outside meetings, other non-governmental organizations, inter-agency groups and foundations.
* Advanced Degree, minimum 5 years of progressive Supply Chain professional experience or equivalent education and experience.
* Demonstrated success as a Supply Chain leader across all disciplines within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics
* Broad knowledge and experience in Supply Chain strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting, vehicle and fleet management, inventory, property and asset management
* Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units
* Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure
* Strong financial management and budgeting skills
* Excellent training and coaching ability
* Fluency in English required, spoken proficiency in French and Arabic is a plus.
* Ability to travel to remote field offices.
There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas. Staff must comply with all IRC security policies and procedures applicable to international staff. Security will be thoroughly discussed during the interview process.
Lodging in is in a shared IRC guesthouse. All IRC sites have electricity and internet all day through. Food is the individual’s responsibility.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
About the Organization
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 27 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.