Project Overview and Role:
The objective of this project is to perform an in-depth assessment of the Supply Chain Finance (SCF) market in Cote d’Ivoire. The study will assess the overall SCF environment, including the legal and regulatory framework, key industry sectors, demand, and supply of finance within the supply chain, and the potential deployment of technology platforms to support the automation of SCF. Data will be collected through focus group discussions with selected small and medium enterprises (SMEs) from identified industries and key informant interviews (KII) with anchor firms, banks, non-bank financial institutions (NBFI), industry associations, and regulators. The results of this market assessment will be shared in a final synthesis report and slide deck to advance the International Finance Corporation’s (IFC) knowledge about the gaps and opportunities in the SCF market and make specific recommendations to spur the development of the SCF ecosystem.
The Supply Chain Finance Expert will be responsible for collecting information on the supply of and demand for supply chain finance in Cote d’Ivoire by participating in the design and implementation of focus group discussions (FGDs) with SMEs, as well as key informant interviews (KIIs) with banks, NBFIs, industry associations, and regulators. Based on the findings, the SCF expert will provide inputs to the development of the market research report and final deliverables.
The anticipated timeframe for the project is around 8 weeks for the time period between May 2021 and August 2021. Expert must be in Abidjan; additional travel to other major cities may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review primary data collection tools and adapt to the Cote d’Ivoire market.
- Identify KII participants and schedule meetings in conjunction with IFC and Palladium.
- Co-facilitate 5 FGDs with the market research firm to ensure that all technically relevant insights are captured.
- Conduct 16 key informant interviews (KIIs) with anchor firms, banks, NBFIs, industry associations, and regulators and take detailed notes using a provided template.
- Provide inputs for the development of the market assessment report and final deliverables and review the final French translation to ensure technical accuracy.
- Knowledge and understanding of the supply chain finance, the financial sector, and private sector in Cote d’Ivoire
- Robust networks amongst banks, non-bank financial institutions (NBFIs), and the private sector in Cote d’Ivoire to facilitate scheduling Key Informant Interviews (KIIs)
- Demonstrated effectiveness communicating with various activity stakeholders
- Significant experience analyzing and assessing supply chain opportunities
- Fluency in French and a working proficiency in English
- Experience conducting key informant interviews a plus
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.