Requisition ID: req1997
Job Title: Supply Chain Information Systems Advisor
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview/Summary: We are seeking an experienced Supply Chain Information Systems leader to facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic supply chain infrastructure that leverages data and processes to ensure the organization has the structure and talent needed to deliver on program goals and effectively serve its beneficiaries. The successful candidate will map and improve business processes across planning, procurement and logistics, leverage data for analysis and develop data based tools to optimize operations. S/he will serve as process improvement lead, analyst, and database developer to maximize performance, ensure economy and efficiency of work processes.
* Document business processes and lead development of future state processes
* Ensure functional responsibilities are completed to standard in support of ERP project development
* Support ERP deployment planning, system adoption and sustainment
* Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Access and other data management systems as needed
* Develop reporting and data analysis using SQL or other database programs
* Review existing supply chain processes for planning, procurement, logistics and inventory management and apply best practices for continuous improvement
* Actively work across stakeholders including Partner Companies, IT, Procurement, Global Operations and Finance teams on understanding current processes, proposing enhancements and agreeing on expected outcomes/timelines for projects
Key Working Relationships:
* Position Reports to: Chris Honsberger
* Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Senior Business Analyst
* Bachelor’s degree (supply chain, computer science, or industrial engineering, a plus)
* Minimum of 5-7 years of experience
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* ERP project experience designing and implementing systems. Microsoft D365 experience is a plus
* Strong analytical ability
* Strong understanding of supply chain processes
* Strong organizational, communication, consensus building, and interpersonal skills
* Strong attention to detail and ability to drive results
* Strong computer skills including experience with Excel data tools and SQL programming
* Experience with Six-Sigma or other continuous improvement processes a plus
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
About the Organization
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 27 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.