Chemonics seeks a supply chain management advisor (malaria) for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) program in Thailand and Laos. This activity is supported by the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI). Through this support, PMI and its partners will implement malaria-control interventions in Thailand and Laos primarily through managing and distributing vital commodities to vulnerable populations. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support supply-chain management activities related to controlling and fighting malaria
- Provide technical leadership and support on national quantification and forecasting of malaria commodities
- Lead forecasting and supply-plan development for malaria health commodities, working with Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health, including the Food and Drug Administration and other implementing partners, to ensure the availability and
- Provide technical training on and assistance with malaria supply-chain management to local counterparts, identifying areas for improvement
- Monitor malaria commodities procurements and follow up with in-country partners regarding problems with ongoing PMI procurement, including liaising with government stakeholders and other donor agencies
- Provide up-to-date quantification data and forecasts
- Work closely with PSM’s management in Thailand and Laos to manage relationships and maintain communications with the Thai and Lao health ministries, PMI, Global Fund, and other program stakeholders
- Coordinate capacity building activities on commodity quantification, forecasting, and supply planning
- Work with implementing partners, donor agencies, and development partners to identify commodities gaps and address supply-chain bottlenecks
- Maintain regular communication channels with USAID/PMI on the status of procurements and other supply-chain management issues
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in a relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum of two years of supply-chain management experience and international project management required, including strong skills in procurement, compliance, and supply-chain management
- Knowledge of USAID funding and contractual and reporting requirements and experience managing USAID-funded health programs preferred
- Knowledge of quantification, forecasting, and supply planning
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Skills using inventory-tracking and information systems for data management
- Experience in the Greater Mekong Subregion preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in Thai and English required; proficiency in Lao preferred
Send an email with your CV and cover letter attached (and three references) and the position title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.