*Preferred location: Dakar, Senegal. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate within the West Africa Region where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As, Supply Chain Management Advisor, West Africa you will be responsible for supporting the Supply Chain Management Director in organizing , leading, contributing to and facilitating supply chain management assessment and implementation programmes for each of the National Offices within the Region. This involves the development of supply chain planning, procurement (sourcing and buying), vendor management, cost containment, transport, warehousing, inventory management, materials handling and packaging, reverse logistics, metrics and KPIs, risk management information & systems, and vehicle fleet management
- University degree in business, science, engineering, technology or supply chain management or equivalent experience and professional qualification in supply chain management.
- Minimum eight (8) years professional work experience with progressively more responsibility relevant to supply chain issues.
- Minimum two (2) years working in cross-cultural environments and demonstrated ability to adapt to international project work.
- Extended operational experience in global supply chain management, business process improvement, project management and team based organizational change management.
- Vocational or professional society membership (Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport or Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals) and certification desired.
- Fluency in written and verbal communication in French is a MUST.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 22 FEB 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.