The Global Health and Supply Chain Office (GHSCO) in Arlington, VA is conducting an internal and external recruit for an Supply Chain Practice Manager to support the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project, Global Fund, PLTC and some Francophone work in the Global Health Division. The practice manager, together with the practice director, sets the strategy and workplan for the Chemonics Supply Chain practice. The practice manager executes practice initiatives to contribute to the development agenda, advance technical knowledge, foster innovation, support business units to increase competitiveness of our proposals, and support project teams to improve performance of our projects. The practice manager provides technical research, primers, and approaches for use on Chemonics projects and proposals, establishes and maintains connections with relevant partners and industry experts, improves knowledge sharing and thought leadership to deliver technical solutions, and supports technical capacity building among staff. The manager will establish professional connections with Chemonics employees in the home- and field-offices, to facilitate the flow of technical information for application to development challenges
- Supports new business development for mission-based, USAID/Washington-based, The Global Fund, UK Aid, UN Group, and other donor programming in assigned practice by providing technical input and guidance to proposal teams, connecting Chemonics to candidates and partners within the industry, and playing a direct role in proposal development as needed.
- Fosters professional relationships with key clients, implementing partners, and industry experts within the sector, including USAID/Washington bureau officers and Global Fund.
- Conducts and shares research on clients’ trends and technical sector policies, and other potential clients, partners, and competitors.
- Contributes to identify, create, fund, incubate, implement, and scale successful supply chain innovations for the Supply Chain Management (SCM) Division
- Manages the design and implementation of initiatives focused on innovations such as Solutions Labs
- Fosters and supports initiatives and activities with other technical practices at Chemonics, to highlight or develop corporate capability in cross-sectoral approaches.
- Promotes Chemonics’ approaches and results, expands Chemonics’ relationships with clients and industry actors, and captures information on leading industry thinking and best practices through participation in associations, communities of practice, and industry events.
- Provide daily management and oversight to Chemonics’ Indefinite Quantity Contracts, as assigned.
- Reviews and provides comments and inputs to project or proposal technical documents as requested.
- Demonstrates strong technical knowledge and expertise through taking on leadership positions in proposal teams, representing Chemonics at external events within the industry, and serving as a reliable technical resource for project teams.
- Liaises with GHSCO Communications team, Innovation, Knowledge and Outreach team, Editorial Support and Production (ESP), and Project Management Units (PMUs) to capture, update, and maintain information on Chemonics’ technical solutions, for internal and external distribution.
- Tracks and annually collects company development achievement indicators related to technical sector.
- Holds leadership roles on proposal teams and mentors others.
- Serves as acting director as needed and contributes to meetings on directors’ behalf, as necessary.
- Delegates, supervises, and evaluates performance of assigned staff. Communicates clear performance goals and standards and ensures staff receives regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time and opportunity to grow and develop in key competency areas.
- Promotes staff development and builds technical depth across the company through coaching, mentoring, and facilitating professional development opportunities in the technical sector.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Minimum of three years of technically relevant work experience required
- Minimum of one year of experience managing staff, consultants, and/or partners required
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, supply chain management, public health, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of clients and industry trends in the technical discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively lead meetings, give presentations, and network within the industry
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated leadership skills, and ability to take initiative
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and mentor staff
- Language proficiency in Spanish, Russian, or French preferred
- Willingness to travel and work abroad
Please notify your supervisor prior to applying, and submit your application to the internal advertisement on myHR by February 23, 2021.
Internal applicants must inform their recruiter(s) if they apply or plan to apply or are currently being considered for any additional internal roles during any part of the recruitment process.
If you would like to refer an external candidate, please direct them to apply to our external advertisement.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.