The purpose of USAID’s Obirodh: Road to Tolerance Program is to identify and implement small grant activities that understand and challenge the drivers of violent extremism (VE) in Bangladesh. The program is built upon an active learning model that applies research and pilot community programs to test the existing thinking on how to prevent and counter violent extremism (P/CVE) to determine which approaches are most suited for Bangladesh. Although there is a growing body of PVE and VE research and literature, there is limited knowledge and understanding about the specific emerging trends and drivers within Bangladesh. The research will contribute to the design of pilot activities that will remain fast, collaborative, and innovative in addressing VE in Bangladesh.
The program initiated in the fall of 2017 and scheduled to end by the end of 2020. During the final half of implementation, Obirodh intends to focus working closely with local civil society organizations and government counterparts to enhance local understanding of VE and improve their capacity to independently prevent the spread of VE in Bangladesh.
**Please note: Only Bangladeshi citizens are eligible for this opportunity.**
The full-time Receptionist will report to the Finance and Administration Manager and work cooperatively with the staff and partner organizations to contribute to the success of the Obirodh project.
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed and maintaining visitor log.
- Receive inquiries, via phone and in-person, and direct to appropriate employees.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Maintain accurate and complete sign-in/sign-out procedures for staff.
- Maintain general filing system and record of all correspondence.
- Assist in sending and receiving faxes, letters, and other correspondences.
- Perform follow up calls to provide confirmation of receipt of official correspondence, reservations, and other important communications, including schedules and appointments of the staff.
- Update the project calendar with upcoming events, holidays, and items of note.
- Collect monthly timesheets and maintain leave tracker on regular basis.
- Schedule appointments for senior staff, as required.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in a relevant subject.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in administrative and/or financial management.
- Strong English and Bengali speaking and writing capabilities preferred.
- Strong self-initiative: ability to implement and manage program activities tasks proactively, without waiting for instructions.
- Open communication style.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. This position is contingent upon USAID approval.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.