CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.”
This position is an integral part of the Support Services Hub team that provides a high quality of customer service with a focus on domestic and international shipping, copy / binding services, and cash management. This position processes checks, money orders, and cash donations daily and sorts and forwards about 5,000 pieces of mail and packages annually. She/he ensures the weekly pouch is prepared and shipped to all country, and regional office. She/he stock supplies to maintain copy machines throughout headquarters building.
- Receive, Sort, and Deliver Mail and Packages
- Receive, sort and log donation and non donation checks
- Complete requests for copy, print, binding and laminating
- Maintain and manage archive files
- Provide reports to accounting upon request or schedule
- Select the most appropriate service provider for shipments
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and as member of a team
- Good oral, written communication skills
- Knowledge of Shipping System
- Customer Service experience 2-3 years
- Previous mail room / shipping experience 1-2 years
- Knowledge of Shipping Systems (UPS FED EX DHL USPS) 1-3 years
- Effective written and oral communication, competent computer skills
About the Organization
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.