Creative Associates International (Creative) is seeking a Support Units for Transition to Employment (SUTE) Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Egypt’s Skilled Workforce activity. The SUTE Manager will report to the Objective 1 Lead, providing programmatic management, design and implementation support for strengthening the capacity of the existing SUTEs as well as expanding services offered. S/he will support the Objective 1 Lead in all technical and management aspects specific to skills development and ensure that all appropriate technical requirements are met.
This activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results:
- Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector;
- Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and
- Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
Reporting and Supervision:
The SUTE Manager will report to the Objective 1 Lead based in Cairo, Egypt.
- Liaise with Objective 1 lead to identify gaps and continued need for capacity building within the SUTEs already established in 60 schools identified in the Workforce Egypt RFP;
- As guided by the Objective 1 lead, support the programmatic design, interventions and capacity building for local governorate units to best engage with the SUTE infrastructure;
- Support the overall employability skills development and provide national TVET leadership with guidance on building these skillsets that are tailored for new or high growth sector jobs as identified by the Ministry of Education and Technical Education and USAID;
- Support Objective 1 Lead in providing recommendations for SUTE units at the governorate level to engage actively with the private sector (demand side) entities;
- Ensure that program components are results-oriented, ensure high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting;
- Ensure the timely preparation of required reports and technical deliverables as defined by the Objective 1 lead and Deputy Chief of Party- Technical;
- Manage and delegate tasks to SUTE Specialists and provide technical guidance as needed;
- Work with the Objective 1 Lead to improve programmatic implementation processes throughout the lifetime of project; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Objective 1 Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, economics, business, education, or other relevant field; Master’s Degree highly preferred;
- At least six (6) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs of a similar scope and scale, of which three (3) years must be working experience in the MENA region;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in TVET systems, quality assurance, Government of Egypt regulations and policy or related fields;
- Demonstrated ability to manage program work teams;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, and to liaise as needed with donor and home office personnel to ensure the smooth implementation of the contract;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Fluency in Arabic and English, written and spoken, high desired.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience effectively integrating gender equality, female empowerment, and social inclusion into development projects.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.