VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
* It’s an exciting time here in the Supporter Engagement Team as we move forward with a new supporter engagement strategy. You will be responsible for delivering the strategy, and leading an ambitious team during this period.
* We’re looking for someone with a passion for engaging and inspiring donors, and who can lead and inspire a team of fundraisers. You should be an experienced fundraiser who is up for the challenge to shape our future.
Skills, qualifications and experience
* Specifically you should have experience of budget management experience and two years direct marketing experience - but most of all you should be an innovator who gets the importance of engagement and retention.
* If you have worked in the world of Individual Giving and feel the following statement applies to you then we’d love to hear from you - we’re passionate people dedicated to making real change happen. Our donors are equally passionate and we believe there are many more out there.
Think you’ve got the skills and the passion? Get in touch; we’d love to hear from you.
In return we offer;
* Social inclusion and diversity are at the heart of our work
* Your impact / contribution to VSO’s mission will be visible
* Friendly and supportive office environment
* Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
* Pension benefit with Scottish Widows
* Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme
* Personal accident insurance
* Professional development opportunities, including a range of online self-study modules, coaching, workshops
* Opportunity for flexible working and working from home
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications, as such we may interview as soon as suitable applications are received.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in the UK before you apply.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
MAKE AN APPLICATION
Location(s): England - Surrey - Kingston upon Thames
About the Organization
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.