VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
At the heart of this role is surprising and delighting our supporters, ensuring their relationship with VSO is an enriching one.
You will be responsible for project managing our exciting, multi-channel supporter retention programme, which may include (but not limited to) newsletters, emails, online, direct mail, telemarketing and events. You’ll be sourcing inspirational stories and curating engaging, quality content from VSO’ s programmes, helping to bring supporters closer to the organization.
We’ re looking for someone with a passion for engaging and inspiring donors. Enthusiasm and energy is key.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Experience of copy writing/editing, and project management is preferable, which could have been gained in fundraising or marketing. You’ ll also have excellent communication skills as you will be working closely with a number of internal teams and external suppliers, in order to deliver inspiring communication pieces and ensure seamless and coherent supporter journeys.
Think you’ ve got the skills and the passion? Get in touch; we’ d love to hear from you!
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together.
Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
* Ability to be open minded and respectful
* Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
* Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
* Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
In return we offer;
* Social inclusion and diversity are at the heart of our work
* Your impact / contribution to VSO’ s mission will be visible
* Friendly and supportive office environment
* Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
* Pension benefit with Scottish Widows
* Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme
* Personal accident insurance
* Professional development opportunities, including a range of online self-study modules, coaching, workshops
* Opportunity for flexible working and working from home
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in the UK before you apply.
How to apply
If you’ re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ’ Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
MAKE AN APPLICATION
Location(s): England - Surrey - Kingston upon Thames