Sustainable Coastal Livelihoods Specialist – Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity
Tetra Tech International Development Services (IDS; http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia in the United States is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for potential Cross-Cutting Specialist positions on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity. The goal of this activity is to mitigate the near-collapse of the small pelagic fisheries sector in Ghana and establish a durable basis for its recovery.
The activity is anticipated to have five objectives:
1) Align fisheries capacity with ecological carrying capacity of the small pelagic fisheries while enhancing the socio-economic well-being and resilience of artisanal fisherfolk.
2) Increase the quality and value of artisanal fishers’ products in order to better maintain household income and enhance availability of nutritious foods for local and regional markets.
3) Strengthen transparency, accountability and co-management in government practices for fisheries policy-making, regulation, and enforcement.
4) Strengthen constituencies to promote and implement sustainable fisheries management.
5) Improve use of science and research for policy and management decisions.
The Sustainable Coastal Livelihoods Specialist will support activities to effectively empower and sustain participation from coastal communities, fisher associations, and local leaders in sustainable livelihood alternatives, particularly for women and youth. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated practical experience identifying and implementing sustainable livelihood alternatives for fisheries communities, such as conducting market and/or value chain analysis, facilitating stakeholder engagement, supporting capacity building, facilitating private sector engagement, and improving access to finance.
* University degree or higher in fisheries management, marine biology, or other coastal/marine resource management, law and policy, social science, or other relevant field (Master’s degree preferred);
* Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in promoting sustainable livelihood alternatives;
* Demonstrated experience with USAID and/or other donor-funded projects;
* Professional written and spoken proficiency in English required;
* Prior experience living and working in Ghana required.
* Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.