We are looking for non-key experts with experience in the region of South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka). The non-key experts will be in charge of specific activity packages in the region, acting as nonkey expert for country specific policy demands supporting the SWITCH Asia SCP Facility based in Bangkok (https://www.switchasia.eu/scp-facility/). On the request from the Contracting Authority, some travel missions will be required to the partner countries.
Qualifications and skills:
- Higher education diploma at Master level (or equivalent) in Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental
- Proficiency in read, spoken and written English, as working language;
- Proficiency of other local languages of the geographical scope is considered an asset.
- At least 10 years’ professional experience on Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics, or
- directly relevant field;
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in management/coordination/advisory within the framework of international
- development projects;
- Ability to work in a team and adapt easily to a multicultural Environment.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in South-Asia on Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics or directly relevant field;
- The expert must possess management skills demonstrated by experience in Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics or directly relevant field;
- Experience in at least one project of policy negotiation/capacity building on Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics or directly relevant field of minimum one year in South Asia
The following skills are considered as assets:
- Having given trainings, authored articles, research papers on topics related to Environment/Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics;
- Demonstrates knowledge of the administrative procedures of the European Commission and experience working in projects for EU bodies, EuropeAid or other international development agency;
- Consistent work experience and an institutional agenda in the areas of sustainable consumption and production.
About the Organization
adelphi is a leading independent think tank and public policy consultancy on climate, environment
and development. Our mission is to improve global governance through research, dialogue and
consultation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made services for sustainable development to
international clients such as the European Commission. We are currently looking for non-key
experts to start as soon as possible and support the Sustainable Consumption and Production
Facility – SWITCH Asia II Team in Bangkok, Thailand.