Syria Response Director
World Vision International
About World Vision:
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Syria Response Director, you will provide strategic leadership for the design, implementation and funding of World Vision International (WVI)’s Response across Syria, Jordan, Turkey and Lebanon to maximize impact in World Vision’s programmatic work.
Last year, our Syria Response supported almost 2.3 million people – half of them children – through education, child protection including Child Friendly Spaces, food and cash assistance, water, sanitation, health and winter supplies.
Working with and through your senior leadership team, you will ensure that WV’s Syria Response strategy is meeting desired goals and objectives while being well coordinated and integrated across all four countries. Included in this, you will ensure that the overall response and each country response meets World Vision’s Disaster Management Standards and Enterprise Risk Management framework.
Key Requirements Include:
- Strong commitment to WVI’s vision, mission and core values
- 5 + years proven senior leadership experience with International NGOs in emergency relief, rehabilitation and transition programming
- Proven success in leading multi-cultural teams in complex, culturally and politically-sensitive contexts
- Strong track record of growing and managing multi-million dollar budgets
- Demonstrated success as a collaborator and team builder committed to the transfer of knowledge
- Politically astute and well developed diplomatic skills (dealing with host governments, donors and staff)
- Previous life/work in the Middle East preferred
- Strong communications skills in English; knowledge of Arabic a plus.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function in unpredictable and potentially hostile environments
- Travel is estimated at 25%
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 04 MAR 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.