World Vision International
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Here’s where you come in:
As Syria Response Director , World Vision International, you will:
- To provide strategic leadership for the design, implementation and funding of World Vision’s Response across Syria, Jordan and Turkey to maximize impact in WVI’s programmatic work.
- To organise and lead the Syria Response Senior Leadership Team, ensuring that the strategy is meeting desired goals and objectives while being well coordinated and integrated across countries in World Vision’s Syria Crisis Response.
- To ensure proper portfolio management across response offices ensuring economy of scale; leveraging capacities and capabilities and maximizing synergies between program offices for a unified, effective and cost efficient response.
- To represent World Vision and the Response externally as deemed appropriate.
- To ensure that the overall response and each country response meets World Vision’s Disaster Management Standards and Enterprise Risk Management framework.
- University degree or qualification in a relevant subject with a focus on team management, project management or other relevant skills.
- Strong commitment to WV’s vision, mission and core values.
- 5 + years proven experience with International NGOs in emergency relief, rehabilitation and transition programming.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function in unpredictable and potentially hostile environments. At least 25% travel required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 22 AUG 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.