The System Solutions Specialist serves as a subject matter expert (SME) on the solution design team working across business applications at the Institute of International Education that include a collection of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), applicant management and web content management systems. The SME works collaboratively with various vendors, internal and external stakeholders to deliver system implementation, configuration, testing and resolution that align with departmental, programmatic and organizational goals.
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert of different business applications at IIE
• Resolves any solution design conflicts and issues during the implementation phase
• Ensures the fit of solution design while adhering to the overall business application roadmap of IIE
• Leads various testing efforts, including unit testing, issue tracking and bug fixes
Education and Work Experience:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
Requires at least five years of related work experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Direct experience in solution design of business applications such as Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM), Applications (Slate) Systems, Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Direct experience in application management, development, configuration and implementation of software solutions developed both internally and through third-party vendor
• Proven in depth understanding of Cloud based applications, including data integration and management
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Excellent organization and document creation skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work occasionally non-standard hours including weekends and evenings
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
About the Organization
Established in 1919 with the founding premise that international exchange could make the world a more interconnected place, IIE has specialized in the international exchange of people and ideas. Global scholarships are of paramount importance and we manage many of the world's most prestigious ones. Through a wide variety of educational programs sponsored by the U.S. government, corporations, foundations and foreign governments, we annually work with thousands of U.S. and international educational institutions and more than 29,000 students, scholars, and professionals around the globe.