Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Application deadline: 12 August 2018
Background Information - ICT
The UNOPS ICT Unit is part of the Finance Group within UNOPS and is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The ICT function within UNOPS is currently undergoing a transformation from being a service provider to becoming a strategic business partner. This transformation requires addressing several foundational aspects of enterprise IT as well as embedding innovation and harnessing of cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. ICT’s place within the UNOPS Finance Group also enables the transformation by ensuring that IT decisions are made with a strategic focus on costs, benefits, and risks.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
Under the supervision of the System Support Team Lead and in close coordination with the rest of the System Support team, the System Support Associate will provide helpdesk support to UNOPS users of systems and applications. In addition to support, the System Support Associate will perform end user training prior to the release of new functionalities as well as periodically.
1. End-user support
2. End-user training
1. Provide support to end-users of UNOPS systems and applications
- Identify, analyse and resolve system issues, ensuring a responsive and service minded approach.
- Provide solutions to inquiries about system functionalities and issues, by seeking technical advice and support from other members of the System Support team, colleagues, and subject matter experts and thus building own capacity and knowledge.
- Ensure optimal quality services by maintaining ownership of all reported problems until the appropriate resolution is reached and communicated to the person reporting the problem.
- Follow up on incoming queries, reassign tickets.
- Maintain a log of requests serviced, solutions provided and outstanding issues.
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain third level support.
- Creation and modification of user accounts.
- Accurately and extensively document and maintain the creation and modification of user profiles
2. Provide training to end-users of UNOPS systems and applications
- Provide support to the identification of training needs, facilitate and/or conduct training sessions (workshops, webinars, webcasts, one-to-one, online)
- Under the guidance of the Systems Support Team lead, produce and update training materials to ensure users are adequately trained on UNOPS
- High School Education required
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and Information Systems or other relevant discipline is an advantage and may substitute for some of the required years of experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a support function, focusing on process and/or system support is required
- 2 years of ERP experience covering processes from at least two functional areas required
- Experience from an ERP support function is highly desired
- Experience providing end-user support for Unit4 Business World (UBW)/Agresso
- ERP is highly desired
- Experience in user training is desired
- Experience in quality assurance and functional documentation is desired
- Demonstrable experience using applications for Help Desk Support and
- Developing User Training materials is an asset
- The successful candidate should demonstrate a service-minded approach, possesses good communication skills, good IT understanding, has the ability to learn, and works as a team player
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Contract, Type and Duration
Contract type: ICA
Contract level: LICA 6
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
About the Organization
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partnersâ€™ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the worldâ€™s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partnersâ€™ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.Â