Job DescriptionAbout this Position
Worldreader is looking for a savvy system administrator to help us scale our impact by supporting and keeping Worldreader’s cloud services and systems secure and compliant, and managing and improving our systems infrastructure. In this role, your strong skills in dev-ops, system administration and scripting will be used for the greater good, helping to create a world where everyone is a reader.
Reporting to our Engineering Manager within the technology department, the SysAdmin will work closely with our COO to incrementally shape our internal business information systems, and serve as the technical lead for GDPR.
- Own Worldreader’s cloud services, both AWS and Azure.
- Support data services on Redshift and AWS Mobile analytics.
- Implement privacy policies, specifically GDPR, personal data flow mapping & control.
- Secure services following best practices.
- Support the integration of internal tools and external systems (such as Salesforce and Intacct).
- Manage and coordinate self-hosted systems like JIRA, Confluence, and Metabase.
- Continuously automate and script.
- Support monitoring systems and manage notifications.
Nice to Have
- Professional experience as a systems administrator, including cloud administration (AWS or Azure).
- Experience successfully implementing data security policies and practices.
- Proven proficiency and comfort with scripting tasks and Linux.
- Project management skills.
- English language proficiency; intermediate or above.
- Start-up experience.
- IT Sec policies and PCI compliance.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Redshift/postgres.
- Atlassian Suite expertise.
- Personal data loss prevention.
Compensation and benefits
You must have the necessary work permit and visa requirements prior to applying for the position. Worldreader does not sponsor visas.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer our staff:
- professional development and training,
- opportunities to travel internationally,
- flexible schedules to accommodate for our international presence, and
- the opportunity to work with talented and passionate people committed to a world where everyone is a reader.
About the Organization
At Worldreader, we combine digital technology with relevant content, strong partnerships and smart programming to create a world of readers.
Learn more about us and read our latest annual report at www.worldreader.org