Social Solutions International, Inc. is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to support Social Solutions International HR department and USAID’s Global Health and Security Initiative (GHSI) Program in Washington, DC.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will lead and oversee a full life-cycle recruitment process which shall include sourcing, selecting, and onboarding.
Specific responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with senior staff, develop and implement a full life-cycle recruitment process for sourcing, selecting, and onboarding employees according to organizational policies.
- Oversee development of complete job descriptions which accurately reflect the requirements of the position and the skills and competencies needed. Institute quality control measures for review of job descriptions.
- Oversee advertisement and posting of job descriptions to ensure broad dissemination in relevant locations to maximize talent pool.
- Manage efficient systems to screen, interview and conduct reference and other checks on potential candidates.
- Conduct initial screening interviews and coordinate interview and feedback process.
- Oversee documentation processes ensuring that all legal and organizational requirements are met.
- Coordinate the preparation of employment offers to qualified candidates.
- Oversee and coordinate a successful orientation program reflective of industry best practices.
- Ensure a well-coordinated system of support is established with employees’ supervisor inclusive of an initial performance development plan.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist must have the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- 5+ years’ demonstrated success in recruiting for preferably in the public health sector.
- Experience designing and executing creative and strategic recruitment strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of HR and employment laws.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for orientation programs and successful onboarding of new employees.
- Skilled interviewer.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work collaboratively with excellent diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company. Social Solutions emphasizes quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.