Talent Acquisition Fall Intern
Winrock International is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development, providing solutions to some of the world’s most complex social, agricultural and environmental challenges. Inspired by its namesake Winthrop Rockefeller, Winrock’s mission is to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources. Winrock manages a portfolio of more than 100 agriculture, environment and social development projects in over 40 countries. Winrock combines technical expertise with entrepreneurial innovation to improve lives around the globe.
The Talent Acquisition Intern will report to the Deputy Director of Talent Acquisition. He or She will support the recruitment team of global consultants on all development bids, funded by donors such as USAID, USDA, USDOL, etc. This will be a great opportunity for students or recent graduates who have a background in business, human resources, or international development. The intern will work with various members of project and business development teams.
Location: Arlington, VA (near Crystal City metro)
Compensation: $16-18/hour (depending on experience), 40 hours per week (this may be flexible to accommodate class schedules)
Duration: September 3rd to December 13th (flexible)
The Talent Acquisition Intern will be responsible for a broad range of tasks supporting the recruitment team. This includes coordinating efforts for the entire life-cycle of recruitment for a bid, which may include scheduling, pre-screening, checking references, and posting jobs. This position may also involve sourcing new candidates, and requires a great degree of communication between different persons and detail-oriented work.
- Edit, post, and track jobs on the applicant tracking system (Greenhouse), and other global job boards, such as ReliefWeb and Devex
- Coordinate meetings, interviews, reference checks, and other communications in a global setting
- Respond to and prioritize requests from multiple parties with competing and urgent deadlines
- Prepare a variety of HR documents for proposal recruitment effort, including applicant trackers, offer letters, letters of commitment
- Verify staffing biodata/1420 forms for USAID bids
- Source and review candidates utilizing LinkedIn Recruiter or Greenhouse
- Initiate onboarding with the global mobility HR team
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed
What you’ll learn:
- You’ll be introduced to the structure and language of an international development NGO working on projects in agriculture, education, civil society, clean energy, and other sectors
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of the full recruitment cycle for proposal bids to donors such as USAID, and understand some of their policies and requirements
- You’ll have the opportunity to connect and network with Winrock employees in multiple roles and sectors
- By the end of your internship, you will be able to cite specific projects you’ve been involved in, the scope of hires you’ve assisted in, and the tools, skills, and software you’ve used
Education: Undergraduate senior, graduate student, or recent graduate in a relevant field, such as business, human resources, or international development.
- Experience performing administrative tasks, especially with competing and urgent deadlines
- Experience working in a global context across time zones a plus
- Experience in HR or recruitment a plus
- An interest in working with a global audience in 45+ countries
- Passion for international development or non-profit work
- Excellent time management, communication and organization skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Computer skills