Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno’s International Development (ID) division specializes in managing development and growth-related projects funded by NGO’s such as UNICEF, DFID, DFAT, EU and the World Bank in emerging markets such as Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa and South America and we have ambitions to grow further.
We currently have a need to recruit the newly created role of Talent Acquisition Manager. Reporting to the Asia Pacific Business Development and Marketing Lead you will be responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success for proposals and existing projects, including developing Division wide recruitment strategies, driving proactive sourcing initiatives and developing cooperative and effective relationships with business stakeholders.
Specifically, your duties will include –
- Ensure proactive and continual networking efforts to maintain a pipeline of qualified talent.
- Develop recruiting plans, tools, strategies, and processes to attract talented professionals by employing traditional sourcing strategies as well as developing new and creative recruiting ideas.
- Recruit international and expatriate personnel for proposals and programs, including proactively sourcing candidates in alignment with proposal personnel qualifications, client regulations and requirements, and organisational team structure.
- Work closely with proposal leaders to develop competitive staffing strategies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key International Development clients and stakeholders including DFAT, World Bank, national consultants, and other local and international partners to fully understand their needs and expectations.
- Identify appropriate outreach opportunities and represent the business at career fairs, professional conferences and networking events.
- Oversight the recruitment procedures, processes and templates on the QMS, and provide training to staff;
- Assist with, and/or advise on, team structures based on proposal objectives, budget, and personnel qualifications in consultation with stakeholders and Human Resources.
To be successful you will have –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Public Administration, Human Resources Management or related field required
- An advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to develop flexible and solution-oriented alternatives, make timely decisions, exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- An understanding of compliance requirements and best practices for recruitment and hiring
- Experience using behavioural and situational interviewing techniques.
- Proficiency in identifying and employing social media and other outreach tactics
- Experience working with an applicant tracking system or customer relationship management software.
Extensive experience with recruitment or business development in an international, grant or contract-based environment is highly preferred.
As a global business, we offer the potential for travel, and outstanding training and development opportunities. We offer a work/life balance and an established recognition and rewards program.
We welcome your interest in our team!
Reference number – ID18/1812/1407
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.