You: warm, organized, ambitious, and creative. You are a confidante to your friends and a problem solver who is passionate about maximizing people’s potential by listening and finding ways to work together.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 140 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
- This is the ideal opportunity for someone who…
- Is excited by the prospect of making an awesome global team even more effective through finding innovative solutions to talent acquisition and developing creative internal communication and coaching strategies
- Loves to use tools like online polls and Slack to communicate
- Is energized by leveraging data to positively impact employee engagement
What we’ll need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Talent & Happiness Associate are finding the best and brightest candidates, encouraging them to join Devex, onboarding them successfully, and providing the support and open communications to make our entire team highly productive.
- Manage hiring and talent initiatives for the DC office. This includes understanding precisely the kinds of candidates we’re looking for beyond the job title, finding candidates through in-person networking and online databases, coordinating interviews, corresponding with candidates, arranging offer letters, and ensuring new hires have an amazing onboarding experience
- Gather Devexer feedback and use your own creativity to create happiness initiatives tailored to the Devexers in Washington, D.C., from bringing in outside speakers and programs to organizing yoga and other wellness activities to setting up retreats and events outside of the office
- Craft energetic and clear written communications to the office about office holidays, parties and events, benefits, and other administrative topics small and large
The basic requirements for this role are…
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (Communications, Business, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An analytical, problem solving mindset
- Highly tech literate and a quick learner of all kinds of online tools
- A high degree of personal responsibility and ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Multicultural and international experience
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see…
- A portfolio of communications products you’ve designed and written
- Experience in recruiting and using recruiting tools like LinkedIn Recruiter
- Experience working within a culturally diverse environment
- Experience working at a cutting-edge, global company
- Experience with Human Resources
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.