Do you have 1-2 years of experience in human resources, people ops, customer success or recruitment? Are you excited to be a part of a dynamic company that’s growing fast and has an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You’re adaptable, love understanding others’ perspectives and dealing effectively with different types of people, and know how to bring people together to resolve differences. You thrive in an environment where you’re responsible for your own work (but you get the support you need). You also strive to be the best communicator, from listening to explaining key concepts with clarity. For you, feedback needs to be delivered thoughtfully and constructively.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” keep reading…
What you’ll do here
If you’ve read this far, we know that you want to know more. What will you do as the DC Talent & Culture Associate?
In your first 90 days you’ll:
- Get to know all team members, and understand what they’re day-to-day is like
- Master and lead hiring and candidate experience in DC. You’ll work with the Hiring Team, post the job, source candidates through in-person networking and online databases, coordinate interviews, communicate with candidates, and arrange offer letters.
- Organize and facilitate all DC new Devexer onboarding experiences with the Team Lead
- Organize and own the monthly office activities and events with help from the Office Manager
- Attend 3+ weekly happy hours or team activities
By the time you finish your first year you’ll have:
- Build and maintain long-term working relationships with team members and become their go-to advisor
- Exceed ambitious time to close targets for all DC positions
- Plan and execute all office events, like wellness programming, happy hour, team building activities, and professional development workshops
- Write positive and clear communications about office holidays, parties and events, benefits, and other administrative topics
- Improve diversity and inclusion practices for hiring and Devex culture
- Help develop coaching strategies to improve things like work life blend, team goal setting and alignment, EQ leadership skills
- Identify areas for improvement, pitch your idea to the team, and design and implement improvements
Here are the basic requirements we’re looking for in the role…
- Bachelor’s in a related field (human resources, psychology, communications, etc.)
- US work authorization
- International or multicultural experience
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have experience in…
- Coaching or mentoring others in a professional capacity
- Using Applicant Tracking Systems
- Working in customer success, human resources, or recruitment
- Motivating group members toward common goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to get started? Apply now!
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more.
We live our mission, and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.