The UN Volunteers programme deploys qualified mid-career professionals to more than 35 UN Agencies in more than 154 countries of assignment. We are looking for bilingual candidates (English + French speakers or English + Portuguese). Here below the list of areas in demand where we would like to strengthen the Talent Pools, based on partners’ demand.
· Programme/Project management
· Monitoring and Evaluation
· Communication and Public relations
· Medical Case (incl, specialized doctors)
· Engineering (Civil, electrical and mechanical)
· Administrative, procurement and HR
· Human Rights
· Refugee protection
· Political Affairs
A package of allowances is provided to enable UN Volunteers to sustain a modest and secure standard of living at the duty station. They include:
· volunteer living allowance: a monthly allowance intended to cover basic living expenses (this is not a salary)
· travel expenses: for travel to duty station upon appointment and for repatriation at the end of the assignment
· settling-in-grant: a grant calculated on the duration of assignment, paid at the beginning of the assignment
· insurances: life, health and permanent disability insurance.
· annual leave
· resettlement allowance: calculated based on the duration of assignment, paid upon satisfactory completion of the assignment.
For more, please consult our FAQs: support.unv.org
About the Organization
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.In most cultures volunteerism is deeply embedded in long-established, ancient traditions of sharing and support within the communities. In this context, UN Volunteers take part in various forms of volunteerism and play a role in development and peace together with co-workers, host agencies and local communities.In all assignments, UN Volunteers promote volunteerism through their action and conduct. Engaging in volunteer activity can effectively and positively enrich their understanding of local and social realities, as well as create a bridge between themselves and the people in their host community. This will make the time they spend as UN Volunteers even more rewarding and productive.