Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: an ambitious and resourceful recruitment professional who wants to make a difference in the world by connecting global development employers with top talent around the globe.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
- You’ll get to learn about the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio, fighting climate change, to ending poverty, as well as what kinds of skills and professionals are needed to tackle these challenges;
- You’ll get to work with people from literally every corner of the globe;
- You will get an insider’s look into how the recruitment and hiring process works at hundreds of global development NGOs, consulting firms and funding agencies;
- You can apply your writing and communications skills to help job seekers craft compelling and interview-winning CVs and cover letters;
- Feel good knowing you are helping talented professionals find their dream jobs and employers find the perfect candidates to realize their missions;
- We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture;
Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Global Recruitment Services Associate are:
- Recruit top candidates for our Candidate Sourcing Service where we help global development organizations identify the best candidates for their open positions.
- Assist with special recruitment projects including targeted outreach campaigns, large-scale hiring initiatives, candidate screening and evaluation, and events like the Devex Career Fairs.
To fit well in this role you must be sharp, organized, know how to see a project through from start to finish, and have the research, outreach and customer service skills to engage with multi-cultural talent at all career levels, including executive. And–this really matters–you need the communications skills that attract colleagues to want to work with you.
You also must have…
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (Human resources, communications, international development);
- 1-3 years of experience in recruitment or outreach activities;
- Native or near native written and spoken English skills;
- Familiarity with the global development and humanitarian sector;
- The drive to help people find jobs they love and guiding employers to the best talent;
- Spanish work authorization.
Here’s what else we’d love to see…
- Experience recruiting in a global development organization;
- Experience in a customer service role, particularly in an international, cross-cultural setting;
- Experience formatting and/or writing CVs or cover letters for other professionals;
- You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation; you actually know what they do and how they work;
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish is a plus.
Get the conversation started by submitting an application now! Interested applicants may submit their CV and cover letter. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.