Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
an ambitious and resourceful sourcing professional who specializes in sourcing, and wants to make a difference in the world by connecting global development employers with top talent around the globe.
: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world by working directly with our audience of one million global development professionals.
If you’re eager to bring your sourcing, research and writing skills to help the biggest names in the humanitarian space find the professionals they need to achieve their missions, we’d love to get to know you better. We want to give you the opportunity to carve out your own place in the world, learn from sharp, committed colleagues and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun!).
Why this position is great for you:
- You’ll get to learn about the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio, fighting climate change, to ending poverty, as well as what kinds of skills and professionals are needed to tackle these challenges;
- You’ll get to work with people from literally every corner of the globe;
- You will get an insider’s look into how the recruitment and hiring process works at hundreds of global development NGOs, consulting firms, and funding agencies;
- Feel good knowing you are helping talented professionals find their dream jobs and employers find the perfect candidates to realize their missions;
- We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture;
Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Talent Solutions Associate are:
- Identify and contact top candidates for our Candidate Sourcing Service, where we help global development organizations identify the best candidates for their open positions;
- Assist with special recruitment projects including targeted outreach campaigns, large-scale hiring initiatives, candidate screening and evaluation, and career events like the Devex Career Fairs.
- Assist with producing other CV services, including formatting and proofreading, as needed.
To fit well in this role you must be sharp, organized, able to see a project through from start to finish, and have the research, outreach and customer service skills to engage with multi-cultural talent at all career levels, including executive. And—this really matters—you need the communications skills that attract colleagues to want to work with you.
You also must have…
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (Human resources, communications, international development)
- 2-3 years of experience in sourcing activities
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Familiarity with the global development and humanitarian sector
- Prior experience using Linkedin Recruiter
- Existing authorization to work in the Philippines
Here’s what else we’d love to see…
- Experience recruiting in a global development organization;
- Prior experience using Linkedin recruiter;
- Experience in a customer service role, particularly in an international, cross-cultural setting;
- Experience formatting and/or writing CVs or cover letters for other professionals;
- Willingness to work the mid shift (3pm-12mn) for training and to overlap with Devex offices in Barcelona, Spain; Washington DC, USA; as well as clients from all over the world;
- You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation; you actually know what they do and how they work;
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish a plus.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience; mid-shift differential rate applies. The Devex Manila office operates from Monday-Friday.
Get the conversation started by sending in your CV and cover letter now! Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
We are Devex, a driving force in global development on a mission to connect people, information and ideas to make a $200-billion industry do more good for more people. Through devex.com, we offer news, business information, and recruiting services to our 500,000-member community including CARE, Microsoft, World Bank UNDP, ADB, and other leading firms, donor agencies, NGOs and development professionals.
Headquartered in Washington DC, and with offices in Barcelona, Manila and Tokyo, our social enterprise consists of 100 accomplished, über-smart, dynamic, exuberant staff who give their all to make sure what we do makes a difference. Devex offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as creative spaces, flexible schedules, snack-filled fridges and all the espresso you can drink. If you see yourself as part of a progressive group of global development game changers, join us!