Post number: 285340
Place of employment: Belgium
Function Group: IV
Contact point: Aida LIHA MITEJICEK
Deadline for application: 25/02/2018
Send Applications To: CV & motivation letter to be sent to: EUROPEAID-B4@ec.europa.eu(link sends e-mail)
Please indicate your CAST candidate number in your application and mention the post number in subject line.
International Aid / Cooperation Officer - International Aid/ cooperation Officer - Policy development, coordination, quality management and operations - Culture sector
In line with the mission statement and the annual work plan of the Unit, contribute to policy and strategy formulation in the sector as well as the preparation and management of thematic programmes and/or intra-ACP in the sector. Provide quality support to culture programmes under the Commission’s cooperation with developing countries and contribute to the dissemination of policies and EU Member States coordination. Contribute to knowledge management and communication and visibility.
Functions and duties
POLICY DEVELOPMENT - Formulation and coordination of sectoral policies and strategies related to culture.
- Contribute to the formulation of a culture sector strategy and action plan in line with the Joint Communication ‘Towards an EU strategy for international cultural relations’, Agenda2030, the European Consensus on Development and the Agenda for Change”
- Contribute to strengthening collaboration and coordination with other services of the Commission e.g. (EAC), NEAR and EEAS
- Support the Commission’s work with EU Member States and other donors and stakeholders to reinforce coordination, harmonisation and complementarity in culture.
- Contribute to the internal and external communication on EU policies on culture: helping the Commission arrange and participate in High Level meetings and events on culture; liaising with representatives of the Member States, the European Parliament, the ACP Group of States, related UN agencies (e.g. UNESCO), the World Bank, the African Union and civil society.
- Preparing policy guidance, briefings, presentations, reports, press releases and any other communication and visibility material related to policy and carrying out initiatives in relevant areas ; preparing responses to letters, Parliamentary questions and inter-services consultations as relevant.
PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Management instruments and thematic programs related to competence
- Contribute to the identification and formulation of programmes and projects
- Contribute to the contract management of thematic and/or EDF Intra-ACP programmes.
EVALUATION and QUALITY MANAGEMENT - Thematic Guidance, Training, Knowledge Dissemination and Quality Support
- Analyse trends and evolution of EU and other donors’ culture assistance, identify best practices and lessons learnt from the past and disseminate the results
- Contribute within the team to elaborate positions and participate in international fora or initiatives according to the distribution of tasks decided internally
- Provide quality support in culture to geographic desks and delegations in priority countries
- Undertake other duties required at the request of the Head of Unit