DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is recruiting in response to a recently released USAID request for proposals entitled, ”Latin America and Caribbean Learning and Rapid Response Task Order (LACLEARN),” which will contribute to improving USAID’s work in Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) and citizen security/violence prevention through two primary work streams: 1) state-of-the-art, gender-informed analytical work, assessments, research and special studies; results management support; and training that contribute to sector learning in the region and build an evidence base for effective programing, and 2) targeted short-term technical and analytical activities in transition environments that require rapid response programming support until other funds, mechanisms, and actors can be mobilized.
Scope of Work
DevTech is seeking a full-time Task Order Manager
who will be responsible for task order performance and quality assurance, and oversight of technical aspects of task order performance, recruits high-quality and experienced teams for assessments, analyses, research, and strategy development, transition response teams, and ensures the overall technical quality of the activities outlined in this RFTOP. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that all work performed under the task order includes appropriate consideration of gender issues and complies with best practices in gender inclusion. S/he will serve as the main point of contact with USAID for all activities under task order, and must have strong management, communication, and budget management skills.
- Must have a PhD, master’s degree or JD in political science, governance or another related field;
- Must have 12 years of experience providing technical expertise across a range of DRG sectors, including rule of law and governance, civil society and media, elections, human rights, citizen security, and political transitions – at least 8 years of which was spent working in Latin America. This includes providing DRG technical advice to host country governments, USG, and other stakeholders; managing grants and interactions with local and international partners; designing programs; and contributing to results management and strategic planning activities. Note - experience within the DRG sector and in senior positions or as a manager, including experience abroad and in post-conflict or transitioning countries preferred;
- Must have extensive experience providing technical oversight of analytical products developed by others, such as outside consultants, and in ensuring overall technical quality of the products;
- Must have at least 5 years of project management experience, providing management of a comparable contract or task order, in which s/he was responsible for delivering on the management aspects of the contract. This includes recruiting experts (often with limited notice), budget, effective oral and written communication with USAID or other donor leadership/management, and managing multiple analytical and technical assignments simultaneously;
- Must have a deep understanding of USAID processes, DRG policies and best practices in the DRG field;
- Experience working for or with USAID or other donor programs in the DRG sector in a variety of foreign contexts is desired;
- Experience serving as the team leader for assessments (DRG Assessments, PEAs, etc.), subsector and technical analyses, transitional environment technical assistance or rapid response teams, special studies, and technical assistance to missions (program design, results management, and strategic planning) preferred; and
- Spanish language proficiency is strongly preferred.
About the Organization
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.