ME&A, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Task Order Manager. This position will provide overall management for the Analytic Task on Authoritarian Resurgence & Influence (ATARI) Task Order under the Analytical Services IV (ASIV) Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ). The position is contingent upon award of the contract.
The purpose of this task order is to acquire Analytical Services to inform the strategic planning, design, and implementation of democracy, human rights, and governance (DRG) programs for the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance, Center for Excellence on Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DCHA/DRG). The ATARI task order will develop and pilot a new diagnostic tool for assessing resurgent authoritarian influence in USAID partner countries and work collaboratively with interested USAID Missions and select stakeholders to formulate effective responses. As an interrelated component, ATARI will also synthesize the growing body of research and evidence on Chinese, Russian and other authoritarian influence operations, identify knowledge and data gaps, and provide support through convening and grants to members of a growing community of researchers-practitioners.
Bears primary responsibility for technical aspects of task order performance, recruits high-quality and experienced teams for all assessments and research, to include potential field work as part of the appraisal and strategy development exercises in USAID partner countries. Ensures the overall technical quality of the activities outlined in this RFTOP. The Sr. Technical Advisor/Task Order Manager must demonstrate technical expertise across a range of DRG sectors, including rule of law and governance, civil society and media, elections, human rights, and political transitions.
- A PhD from an accredited U.S. or internationally recognized institution in political science, international development, international relations, anthropology, sociology or other related field
- At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience conducting DRG analytical and strategy support tasks, providing technical oversight of analytical products developed by others, such as outside consultants, and ensuring technical quality of the products
- At least five (5) years of experience providing management of a comparable contract or task order, in which he/she was responsible for delivering on the management aspects of the contract, including recruiting experts often with limited notice and managing multiple analytical assignments simultaneously
- Experience in at least two (2) of the following areas: rule of law and governance, civil society and media, elections, human rights, or political transitions.
- Experience working for or with USAID or other donor programs in the DRG sector in a variety of foreign contexts is desired.
- Strong analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Advanced spoken and written English communication skills
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. A copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law can be found on the Employee Handbook and the Affirmative Action Plan.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.